Feature image by Nieto Photography, invitation by The Oblique Pen. Knots ‘N Such is a Raleigh Wedding Planner and Florist.
Chosen a date, time, and venue ✔️
Chosen a color palette & style ✔️
Chosen attire & flowers ✔️
If you said yes to the above items, it’s time to start thinking about your wedding invitation suite. This will be your guests’ first peek into your wedding day, setting the style, colors, and theme for your big day. Follow along in today’s blog as Knots ‘N Such, Raleigh Wedding Planner and Florist, gives some helpful tips in picking out your perfect wedding invitation suite.
- Choose a Wedding Style and Color Scheme
- Choosing this early will help you craft your invitation suite. You want your motif to shine through in every choices, even the paper products! The invitation is important for letting your guests to know date, time, and location, but also for setting the formality and vision of your wedding.
- Choose Elements that let your Personality Shine
- There is room to be creative and let those personal touches shine through. Maybe you love the feel of letterpress on a heavy paper. Or maybe you love printing on acrylic or metal. Or maybe you like odd shapes and sizes. Let the invites communicate your motif and your personality.
- Choose Prudently within your Budget
- As a planner, one of my responsibilities is to keep your budget in check. I work in “wiggle room” so you can splurge in a few areas, but not all. So look at the overall picture and decide if invitations are one of those areas that’s a priority for you. Knowing what you’re able and willing to spend will be a big determining factor in what suite you can choose.
- Choose Wording Wisely
- Make sure the wording is clear and easy to understand. Font plays into this as well, so choose something legible. Make sure your guests are able to answer your requests via the invites – RSVP deadline, meal choices, or song requests. Also, consider having multiple parts to the invitation, since too much information on one page can cause confusion.
- Choose with a Time Frame in Mind
- Your invitations will take time to prepare. Your guests need time to plan to attend. Factor these into determining when you need to finalize your suite. Save-the-dates need to be mailed by 6-7 months pre-wedding and invitations need to be mailed by 7-8 weeks pre-wedding.
- Choose a Cohesive Style
- As mentioned already, it’s important to have multiple items in your wedding paper suite. Some things to consider include: Save the Dates, Invitations, RSVP cards, Menus, Programs, Thank You Notes, Signage, Etc. A designer can help create a suite that utilizes a similar theme, even if the design varies from element to element. Creating a cohesive suite from the beginning can be a time and cost saving touch.
- Choose a Proofreader
- Before you have all the invites printed and ready to be sent out. Choose a person you trust to proofread the writing for correct spellings, information, and legibility. Having someone with fresh eyes will be super helpful. Your paper designer can even make mistakes, so be sure to do this!
We hope these tips will help you in creating your sweet suite for your big day. If you have any questions or are seeking a planner in helping with details like the wedding invite, contact Knots ‘N Such today!