Feature Image by Riley McLean Weddings. Knots ‘N Such is a Raleigh Wedding Planner and Florist.
So many people are involved in planning, pulling off, and celebrating your wedding. It takes time but is so important to show your gratitude and appreciation for these people. Knots ‘N Such, Raleigh Wedding Planner, is here to help you with a checklist of helpful hints in wedding gift giving.
- The Wedding Party
- Maid of Honor, Best Man, Bridesmaids, Groomsmen, Ring Bearer, Flower Girl. Many times these are the people putting in a significant amount of money and time to be a part of the wedding party. A gracious way to thank them is with a gift to show your appreciation for their support.
- This is not an obligatory gift but is be a beautiful way to thank your parents for being in your life and helping get you to your big day (especially if they are footing the bill for the wedding). This generally is a personalized gift with some sentimental value.
- Shower Hostesses
- These are the people that planned those wedding showers prior to your big day. You might think of gift cards to a restaurant with a hand written letter to show your appreciation. They went out of their way to make you feel special prior to the wedding, and it would mean a lot to make them feel special as well.
- Ceremony Participants
- Officiants, readers, musicians, ushers. This category fits anyone that went above and beyond your expectation to make your ceremony special and go off without a hitch. This gift may include a small token of your appreciation, a gift card, and/or a note handwritten to them to show your gratitude for making your ceremony spectacular.
- It takes an army to pull off your big day – wedding planners, florists, photographers, etc. Planning ahead for a generous tip on the day of the wedding and an amazing review on Facebook, Wedding Wire, etc. would be greatly appreciated for them. They make their living from pulling off the wedding of people’s dreams, just like yours.
- Party Favors for Guests
- A final gift to think about is one for your guests. Look for a blog in the near future on choosing the perfect party favors. However, just think of a way that you can give a mass “thank you” to those people who are with you on your big day. Personalize it to fit your personality but make it something that people would want to take home as a memento of your wedding. (Food or drink are always hits!)
It can seem like a daunting task to make sure that everyone that is involved in your wedding feels your appreciation. Set a budget for these gifts, think about a timeline for ordering them, ask yourself “would I want this gift?”, and personalize it as much as possible. Everyone loves a gracious giver, and the more you plan ahead, the more time you will have to express your appreciation. Have questions or need help in wedding planning? Contact Knots ‘N Such today!