Feature Image by J.P. Lord Photography. Knots ‘N Such, Raleigh Wedding Planner and Florist.
Pinterest is an amazing resource, and even I have to be careful, because it can become a black hole of time, sucking me in for way longer than I expected. As a wedding planner, I love it as a resource to see into a bride’s mind and vision. When meeting with a bride, I always ask to be a collaborator on their boards, whether public or private. It helps me connect with them and give a visual clue to how they picture their big day. Pinterest though is a massive resource and sometimes can be overwhelming for an already overwhelmed bride. Knots ‘N Such, Raleigh Wedding Planner and Florist, is here today to provide my top 3 tips on how to pin like a pro and not become overwhelmed by the vast limits of Pinterest’s space.
- Be Inspired but Organized
- The purpose of Pinterest is to be inspired. It can help shape your vision, bring out your likes and dislikes, or even help with the color scheme. You are bound to find something for every part of your wedding-from save the dates to creative thank you notes. The key is to use it for inspiration not replication of someone else’s wedding. Also, it is very easy to create a board of 1000 images, but that almost defeats the purpose, as you want to go back to the thing that inspired you, not get lost in a huge board of images. You don’t want to lose your inspiration in the midst of clutter. Pinterest also has added sub-boards in the main board to help you organize in categories, maybe “centerpieces” or “bouquets”. Organization will help you and your planner be inspired by what first inspired you.
- Set Realistic Expectations
- With any type of social media, you need to go in realizing that you are viewing a highlight reel of someone’s life. Pinterest is no exception. I am sure we have all had a fail or two by something we tried to replicate from social media. When searching through Pinterest images, keep your expectations in check. What can be achieved? What is within your budget? Are those blooms in season for your wedding date? If you go in with realistic expectations, then you will be a more satisfied bride on your big day.
- Leave Room for Personal Style
- Just because you are using Pinterest as a resource for your big day does not mean it is the only resource for helping plan your wedding. You can look elsewhere to help shape your big day. For instance, maybe you find an article that states what a trending color is for this wedding season but you want to incorporate your signature color into your wedding, don’t forgo your style just because someone else said so. Don’t be limited in finding inspiration from other sources, like a wedding planner or a fashion blog. It’s okay to log off for a while and find inspiration beyond the screen.
Wedding Planning has definitely gotten boosts in our technologically driven world. I mean, how did we plan a wedding without social media before?! I think in planning it is important to see these resources as helpful tools rather than the end all be all. You want to have your day, not someone else’s day. If you are needing help in crafting your personal day, contact Knots ‘N Such, Raleigh Wedding Planner and Florist today, and let us help you use your inspiration to create your magical day! Also take some time to check out our Pinterest board to see what inspires us.