Feature Image by Jamie Blow Photography. Knots ‘N Such, Raleigh Wedding Planner and Florist.
Beyond a wedding planner, a wedding photographer should be one of the first vendors you secure for your wedding day. Think about it: at the end of the day, a great photographer is going to capture images that will stand the test of time and capture memories from your beautiful day. If you spend time on Wedding Wire or other sites that list photographers, you will find the list to be expansive and maybe overwhelming. Knots ‘N Such, Raleigh Wedding Planner and Florist, is here to help with 4 things to consider when trying to decide on your wedding photographer.
- The Photographer’s Style and Vision
- In the digital world, most photographers have websites. I strongly suggest spending time on a photographer’s website and search their galleries/portfolios. Just like you have a theme and vision for your wedding day, you want to find a photographer whose eye matches your theme and vision. You want them to tell your story and capture your personality. This is also a great time to analyze the photographer’s background like how long they have been shooting weddings and have they worked with your particular venue before.
- The Photographer’s Availability
- Another vital component of choosing a photographer is their availability of your wedding date. You want to make sure that the photographer that you desire to capture your wedding is not already booked for your specific date. Some photographers work for companies, so also making sure that when you are securing them to shoot your wedding, they are the specific photographer that will be there. If not, making sure to meet with the actual photographer before signing a contract would be helpful.
- The Photographer’s Investment and Packages
- Photographers are a vital investment in your wedding day. Spending time comparing photographer’s style and vision should be coupled with spending time comparing investments and packages will be helpful in narrowing down your list. What is included in their base package? What add ons can be included? How many hours will they be available on your wedding day? These are all questions to consider when choosing and budgeting for your photographer. You also will want to consider print releases and the photographer’s preferred method of ordering prints after the wedding. This will help you not have any surprises post-wedding as well.
- The Photographer’s Logistics
- Wedding planning has many logistics to think through and plan for on your big day. Photographers also have several variables and logistics to consider. Second shooters, food, travel, liability insurance, preferred vendors, etc. are all things that need to be considered when securing your photographer. This is where a wedding planner, like Knots ‘N Such, can help you think through logistics that you might not have thought through before and what questions to consider when building a contract with a photographer.
When choosing a wedding photographer, there are many factors to consider. It is okay to spend some time looking through websites, setting up initial meetings, and comparing investment packages. Remember two of the most important vendors to contract first will be your wedding planner and your photographer. If you need help in choosing vendors and knowing which photographer is right for you, contact Knots ‘N Such, Raleigh Wedding Planner and Florist, today. Look forward to hearing from you soon!