Feature Image by the Nixons Photography. Knots ‘N Such is a Raleigh Wedding Planner and Florist.
Thinking back to my wedding day, I thought I had all the pieces worked out, but then the unthinkable happened, I ended up with my lipstick somehow smeared on the front of my dress. Luckily, my sister had made a day of emergency kit that came to the rescue.
No matter how much planning goes into place, an emergency kit for the day of will always be helpful. Knots ‘N Such, a Raleigh Wedding Planner and Florist, is here to provide the top 5 items from our emergency kit that may help you the day of your wedding.
- A Sewing Kit and Safety Pins
- You never know when the zipper is going to snag or a hook is going to fall off when everyone is getting dressed for the wedding. A sewing kit and safety pins will come in handy to do a quick sew in or fix for those unwanted malfunctions. You might also want to think about clear nail polish and/or super glue to help with snags and runs.
- A Tide-to-Go Stick or Some other quick stain removing device
- Like I said about my wedding day, stains are going to happen. Having a quick stain removing device will potentially come in handy not only for the bride but the whole wedding party. There are so many elements that are just waiting to attach themselves to these fresh threads. Being prepared will help calm nerves.
- A granola bar, bottle of water, or another mess free snack
- Weddings are long days. Blood sugars can drop. Arrange for meals – breakfast and lunch if possible. Making sure to eat and hydrate will help with any unwanted hunger side effects. No one wants to be the one that passes out in their service. It will also fight off those “hangry” feelings that come along when you are bit too hungry.
- First Aid Kit and Over the Counter Meds
- Long days can bring about headaches, stomach issues, and other minor injuries. Tiredness, hunger, and stress can all play into this. It might be great to have a first aid kit for things like bandaids or Benadryl cream. Also having Ibuprofen or other pain meds could be very helpful to get rid of headaches or cramps quickly.
- Spray on Deodorant and Mouth Wash
- Smelling fresh and clean is a goal for everyone’s wedding days. Have spray on deodorant available to reapply throughout the day. You don’t want those streaks left from the roll on brands. Also fresh breath is just as important. Having mouth wash will give you that just brushed feeling.
Planning ahead can help with these unforeseen circumstances. Put your maid of honor or another bridesmaid in charge of the emergency kit, because you will have a lot on your mind that day. Also having a wedding planner, like Knots ‘N Such, can put your mind at ease because we come with a large emergency kit. Contact us today to discuss how else we can help you!